Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jjasper
Helper II
Helper II

hide a specific set of bars when drilling down

Hello,

I need some help! I have a drilldown bar/line chart, with your help I have managed to hide a line on the top level but have it show when I drilldown. I am looking to do something similar but with a group of bars. I have three graphs that go from domains -> question -> neighbourhood. The graphs are filtered by year and village. I have it set up that they can compare themselves to the year before and the organization as a whole. What I would like to do is on the neighbourhood level hid two bars that represent the organization. I would also love to add a line only on the third level graph that shows the neighbourhood against the village. I have attached a screen shot of what the third level looks like so you have an idea. 

The two bars in the red pen are the bars that I would like to hid. Also how do I center the bars so it doesn't look so spaced out. powerbi.JPG

Thanks

Jes

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@jjasper,

I am afraid that it is not possible to achieve your requirement.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@jjasper,

I don't think you can achieve the above requirement in Power BI.

Does the hightlighted bars also show (Blank) in x-axis at other levels(domains and question)? If so, the ,method that I can only think is to filter the x-axis field to exclude (Blank).  However, it will also apply at all levels(domains and question, neighbourhood).

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msftNo the bars are only on the last drilldown graph. The blanks show up because they are a organizational total and they are not assigned a neighbourhood. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.