Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

db042190
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

got the old familiar error about allowing remote connections when i chose direct query

hi, i started playing with pb today.  in one experiment , i imported my dataset , no problem.  but in another chose direct query to a db local to my own pc and got the old familiar remote connections issue you get when a service isnt running etc.  but i'm already using ssms to query tables on my local instance so i dont think this is happening for the typical reason.  Any thoughts? 

3 REPLIES 3
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @db042190 ,

Could you please tell me what operation are you doing now ? Is it an error reported by connecting to SQL in DQ mode inside Power BI Desktop? If it's in Power BI Desktop, what are you doing to cause the error? Where is your data source? Is it on a local computer or a virtual machine or a remote server?

What is the specific error? Could you please provide a screenshot ahout the error?

I have found some  posts about remote connections, please refer to them to see if them help you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

db042190
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

thx theoC.  Not that i am aware of.  And i'm looking at the services running right now on that instance.  only Agent, SSAS, CEIP SSAS and CEIP service arent running.  

TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @db042190 

Probably a silly question but have your credentials changed or anything of that nature?

Theo 🙂

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.