Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

lehmberg
Regular Visitor

filter a table in a query based on a parameter and update remaning tables

My database has company table containing mutltiple companies. It also has many other tables related to the company table.

I want to make reports for a specific company and have created a parameter called company id. I filter out every row in the compnay table that is not equal to that parameter and that works great.

My questions is this: Is there a way to remove rows in all other tables where the company does not exist anymore because it has been filtered out using my paramter. Or do I need to manually apply a filter to each table?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lehmberg,

I agree with @austinsense. To remove rows for all query tables, you need to add filters on each query table. As you have created a query parameter, you can set filter based on the query parameter. Currently, we are not able to remove rows from all query tables in a batch.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lehmberg,

I agree with @austinsense. To remove rows for all query tables, you need to add filters on each query table. As you have created a query parameter, you can set filter based on the query parameter. Currently, we are not able to remove rows from all query tables in a batch.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
austinsense
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You have to filter every table BUT the new parameters feature released in the April 2016 update to Power BI Desktop will make life easier.

Sounds like you're already doing it this way - you set a paramater once and then reference it in all your queries - when you change the parameter it then updates all your queries with the new value.

Create New Parameter.pngManage Parameters.png

Austin is VP Operations at PowerPivotPro and a professional self-service enthusiast 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.