Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

henriquepeite
Frequent Visitor

error when opening the report

Good afternoon, I created the report on powerbi yesterday, and today is giving the following error when I open it. I didn't do any updates

henriquepeite_0-1610051671714.png

clico em fechar

Click on closed and...

henriquepeite_1-1610051742503.png

henriquepeite_2-1610051779014.png

Version:

henriquepeite_3-1610051804172.png

in site no update appeared on the site

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, you were able to solve this error, I get the same error, and update to the latest version and it only happens when I directly open the pbix, but if I run the Power Bi shortcut and from there I open the dashboard, open without problem.

Thanks in advance

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @henriquepeite ,

Try to upgrade your Power BI Desktop to the latest version: 2.88.1144.0.

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@henriquepeite seems like you are opening a pbix file that is created with the newer version and you are opening in the older version. Upgrade your power bi desktop to December 2020 release and I believe that will fix it.

Check my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

henriquepeite
Frequent Visitor

Message 1

IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE TO OPEN THE DOCUMENT.

The queries were created with a new version of the powerbi desktop and may not work with its current version.

install the latest version to avoid errors when upgrading.

message 2
There may be differences in the layout of the report

this power BI report file may have some features that are not available in power BI Desktop. until the next version.

If you need to see the most recent version you have worked with on the web. app.powerbi.com, see the report on this site. we regret the inconvenience.

message 3

Something went wrong

Error rendering the report.

A total of 3 errors appear when opening the reports, and everyone mentions to update my powerbi, however when I click on the forum link to update. appears that it is already updated. the version of my BI powerbi I published in the topic above.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@henriquepeite can you translate the message into English. Not sure what is the message.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.