Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jmitch3062
Frequent Visitor

drill trough setup with measure fields

I have 3 measure fields I created that contain SUMX logic with return a count value . I returned the count of the measure fields in a stacked column chart. How do i set up the fields for drill through so I can see the associated records in my detail table? Ive added the fields to the drillthrough page, but when I right click on the visual, it returns all records in the sheet not just the records the measure fields represent. See screenshots below. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

jmitch3062_2-1685737117968.png

jmitch3062_3-1685737897002.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @jmitch3062 
It happens because we cannot filter drill through by measure.
It needs row context. 
You need to create the type of "measures table" and dynamic measure to manipulate a calculation.
please see the following discussion with an example:
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Drill-through-for-calculated-measure/m-p/1086091
In order to make it easier to understand, I also prepared another example that is more similar to the one you provided
Here is a link for my example 

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

No matter what logic the metrics you exchange between them have, the method will still work.
The same goes for names.
The only difference is that instead of individual measures, you "put " them in a table

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @jmitch3062 
It happens because we cannot filter drill through by measure.
It needs row context. 
You need to create the type of "measures table" and dynamic measure to manipulate a calculation.
please see the following discussion with an example:
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Drill-through-for-calculated-measure/m-p/1086091
In order to make it easier to understand, I also prepared another example that is more similar to the one you provided
Here is a link for my example 

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

ok , in my case my measures are the results of some SUMX logic.  Would those fields equate to your blackP, greenP, redP fields? These new measures are created in the same table as my current measure fields correct?  Where you have color I would have a field called for example MY_measure_type, and this field would be different measures i want to reference , ex Incl5_Incl8, Only_Incl5, Only_Incl8 ?

No matter what logic the metrics you exchange between them have, the method will still work.
The same goes for names.
The only difference is that instead of individual measures, you "put " them in a table

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.