Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

giorgiokatr
Helper V
Helper V

dax format and timeline visual

I have a switch customers and sales (%)

i used the format to show % on sale but it converts to text and visual has no values.

Is any workaround?

Maybe show other visual when changing the switch on slicer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @giorgiokatr ,

Sorry for that we cannot put text in chart. But we create a sample you can refer.

1. Create a new table to be a slicer using Enter data.

dax 1.jpg

dax 2.jpg

2. Then we can create two measures, and configure one measure “%”.

Percent = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table (2)'[slicer])="Percent",CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[value])),BLANK())

dax 3.jpg

Value_ = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table (2)'[slicer]) = "Value_",CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[value])),BLANK())

dax 4.jpg

3. At last, we can create a chart and put them to Value, and the result like this, use the slicer to control % or value.

dax 5.jpg

dax 6.jpg

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @giorgiokatr ,

Sorry for that we cannot put text in chart. But we create a sample you can refer.

1. Create a new table to be a slicer using Enter data.

dax 1.jpg

dax 2.jpg

2. Then we can create two measures, and configure one measure “%”.

Percent = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table (2)'[slicer])="Percent",CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[value])),BLANK())

dax 3.jpg

Value_ = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table (2)'[slicer]) = "Value_",CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[value])),BLANK())

dax 4.jpg

3. At last, we can create a chart and put them to Value, and the result like this, use the slicer to control % or value.

dax 5.jpg

dax 6.jpg

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@giorgiokatr , you should % from the data format. % should not be mutipled by 100

Data Format New Rib.png

can not do this. My switch dax has a decimal value for the first switch and the second switch is percent. So i cant format the dax measure from there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.