Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Russ99
Helper I
Helper I

converting column to measure

Hi Community,

I think this is a noobish question but one i am struggling with never the less. 

I have a column called name and a column called payment days, I want to be able to use payment days as a measure to create other measures but don't want to use sum to aggregate the column. I want the column shown below to be used as a measure 

power bi help screenshot 1.png

I tried making using the dax formula "measure = sum[payment days]" but then the table looks like this

Russ99_0-1642758599187.png

anyway i can make a measure that works exactly the same way as the column?

thanks

russ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Russ99 

Can you make sure that both tables are related to each other from the model view?

Did it work ? 👌Mark it as a solution to help spreading knowledge 👉A kudos would be appreciated

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DataVitalizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @Russ99 

Is the column Supplier Name you are using in your visual table coming from the same table from which you created the measure?

yep they are related with a one to many relationship as intended. thanks for  your help

You have two related tables (A & B), in your report you added a visual in which you added Supplier name from Table A, and in the same visual you added a measure which calculates Sum [payment days]
If you have followed these steps the calculation is supposed to be correct.

In case you file does not contain sentivie data could you share a sample here?

Did it work ? 👌 Mark it as a solution to help spreading knowledge 👉 A kudos would be appreciated

yes it is, i do have supplier name in a different table, these tables are joined by this column

Hi @Russ99 

Can you make sure that both tables are related to each other from the model view?

Did it work ? 👌Mark it as a solution to help spreading knowledge 👉A kudos would be appreciated

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.