Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Apple08
Helper IV
Helper IV

connecting MS form with power BI

Hi All

I need to connect a Microsoft survey form Excel result automatically with Power BI.  Please could anyone advise what is the easiest way to do and how to do it.  Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Apple08
Helper IV
Helper IV

Thanks, I did watch it and try, however I got the credential denied issues.  I am not sure where should I get the first URL as stated in the video:

Apple08_0-1685627239516.png

Please could you let me know how I can get this URL?

Hi @Apple08 ,
In Microsoft Forms, open the quiz or survey you want to share. Click Share. On the Share pane, click Get a link to view and edit. Click Copy next to the text box that displays a form URL.
Thanks ,
Pratyasha Samal
Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.
If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos C

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks.  I did that earlier but it didn't work.  I found someone has the same credential issue at:

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Connecting-Microsoft-Form-to-Power-BI/td-p/3089834

I can't see the 'Share' option therefore I used the link stored at the 'collaborate or duplicate', I noticed both the question and the response links are having the same id keys.

Apple08_0-1685690802424.png

Question link: //forms.office.com/Pages/DesignPage.aspx?subpage=design&Formid=(hidden)

Response link: //forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=(hidden)

I have hidden both keys but they are exactly the same.  Not sure whether I have made any mistakes or this method doesn't work any more. 

pratyashasamal
Super User
Super User

Hi @Apple08 ,
You can follow this youtube video to connect MS forms with Power Bi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HupBVO1P8_M

Hope this was helful.
Thanks ,
Pratyasha Samal
Has this post solved your problem? Please Accept as Solution so that others can find it quickly and to let the community know your problem has been solved.
If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos C

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.