Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

complicate relationship available?

Hi, I want to make some dimension can be filtered based on exist history data table,

but I have a problem to creat relationship, the expected relationship is like this:

null_0-1675938061281.png

does this kind of relationship is available?

If not, is there to be an alternative solution that dim_table2 and dim_table3 can be filtered by dim_table1, and at the same time fact_table can be filtered by both dim_table2 and dim_table3?

3 REPLIES 3
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

that wouldn't work as it would allow abiguity.

Sorry for that.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Blog: WhatTheFact.bi
Follow me: twitter.com/DenSelimovic

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for you answersing, Could I know where is the abiguity this model exists? If I want dim_table2 and dim_table3 can be filtered by dim_table1, and at the same time fact_table can be filtered by both dim_table2 and dim_table3, is there to be an alternative solution? Thank you.

Hi @Anonymous 

You cannot have more than one active relationships between two tables (dim_table_1 and fact_table). You could have a look at Active vs inactive relationship guidance - Power BI. This means one of the relationships in your picture should be an inactive relationship. To use an inactive relationship, you can use USERELATIONSHIP function in DAX expressions. Please refer to Using USERELATIONSHIP in DAX - SQLBI

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors