Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hager
Regular Visitor

colleague keeps being asked to upgrade to Power bi Pro although other colleagues can view

Hi, i'm trying to share or view one report with my colleague. IT keeps asking him to upgrade to Power bi Pro although other colleagues can view the content in the same organizatio

8 REPLIES 8
Skeptical

Looks like your coworker does not have a pro license, luckily it is possible to share Power BI reports with coworkers without having a Pro license. Here are the steps to do it:

https://anyonconsulting.com/business_intelligence/how-to-share-power-bi-reports-with-coworkers-witho...

rajendraongole1
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@hager - Possibly the userid account is not enrolled for pro license . 

Please check with your admin team and try to get his account access to pro license . so that he can view your report.

Regards,

Rajendra

he should be able to view the report regardless of the account license right especially that i give him direct access .As well, other colleague could view it 

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

@hager,

And maybe the situation where the users could see his report is because he has the free month pro trail.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Yes , he has the free month pro trial.So, if he had the free month pro trial, he must upgrade to pro license and cant view any report?

how can i know if he tried the pro license already

rajendraongole1
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @hager 

Basically,When user with Free license tried to access reports, its prompting to Upgrade to Pro.
and whenever you start share reports (or dashboards or apps) you both need a Pro license.

Documentation for your reference:

Share Power BI reports and dashboards with coworkers and others - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Did i answer your question? mark my post as a solution!

Regards,

Rajendra

yes but my other colleague in the same organization could access although also he had free trial

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.