Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

nickspizza
Helper I
Helper I

changing workspace to premium capacity

I did a lot of work in a workspace in Power BI Pro, but now I have upgraded to Premium Per User and my report still gives me the "upgrade to premium" notification. So I went to the workspace in Power BI Admin Portal and when I click on the workspace and then on capacity and then switch Premium capacity on, then it says I must choose the type of premium capacity from an empty list and it doesn't allow me to proceed. When I go to the Premium Per User options on the left, then they all seem to work, but when I click on the Capacity options on the left, then it tells me that I still need to buy Premium. Mixed signals are throwing me off. I have assigned Premium to myself in the 365 admin portal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @@nickspizza 

Power BI premium per user  is not the same as Power BI Premium.According to the description in the official article

Users must have a Premium Per User (PPU) license to access content in a Premium Per User (PPU) workspace or app,but people for free could access  content in Power BI premium workspace.

v-luwang-msft_0-1623030689980.png

And If you want to know about how to assign the exist workspace to Premium capacity, please refer to Managing Premium capacities article:

Workspaces can be assigned to a Premium capacity in the Power BI Admin portal or, for a workspace, in the Workspace pane.

A workspace can be added to a Premium capacity by using the Workspace pane providing the user is both a workspace admin and has assignment permissions.

Wish it is helpful for you!

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Lukasgb5_1

Screenshot 2024-05-24 140438.png

Hey, 

it seems I have a problem with one of my reports. this repot this to work fine and all in our organization had a pro licences but someone must of changed something because no one can access this report in our organization anymore and it gives this message that it required a permuium capacity. how to go back to Pro capacity so everyone can access it again? 

best regards,

Lukas

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @@nickspizza 

Power BI premium per user  is not the same as Power BI Premium.According to the description in the official article

Users must have a Premium Per User (PPU) license to access content in a Premium Per User (PPU) workspace or app,but people for free could access  content in Power BI premium workspace.

v-luwang-msft_0-1623030689980.png

And If you want to know about how to assign the exist workspace to Premium capacity, please refer to Managing Premium capacities article:

Workspaces can be assigned to a Premium capacity in the Power BI Admin portal or, for a workspace, in the Workspace pane.

A workspace can be added to a Premium capacity by using the Workspace pane providing the user is both a workspace admin and has assignment permissions.

Wish it is helpful for you!

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.