Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnthonyC
Frequent Visitor

changing indicator

Hello all, I am a beginner with Power BI and Data Analytics in general and I hope to eventually contribute my own solutions to other's issues once I get some experience with this awesome tool. 

Currently, I am building a simple dashboard my boss requested which will show changes to inventory levels day to day. The issue I ran into is the KPI indicator only shows the % change. Since we have about 400k products at any given time a change of 500 is .00125% change. The area chart and to show trend and the clear number is a very nice number but is there a way that I can change the indicator to be just a number. So making the indicator = yesterdayINVBAL-todayINVBAL. The method I am using is having an table on Access be Appended by the inventory balance and a "upload timestamp". \

Thank you for any solution you guys can provide.

Also i have seen some Dax stuff, but I'm not even sure were to apply them to. I have a pretty decent amount of exp with excel, so dax hasn't been too difficult to learn. 

6 REPLIES 6
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AnthonyC,

The KPI shows the trend along the axis. If you'd like to show only a number, I would suggest you use a Card visual instead. Please refer to the snapshot below. What's your expected result? 

changing-indicator

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Good morning Dale thank you for the response. The only reason I can't use a card to acheive my objective is that the report will be used mainly on a phone and Power Bi does not allow for stacked visuals on phone layout. Your Snapshot is basically what I am looking for although I do prefer the design of the KPI visual. Is that a kpi visual with a card overlapping or is that a custom visual from the app store? 
The visual is meant to show day to day changes in inventory costs. Using an added column that uses index and lookup to subtract current day to previous day I am getting the correct numbers, just searching for a visual to display that information in an easy to understand manner. 

Hi @AnthonyC,

I thought you were using this visual. It's from the MarketPlace. 

How will you do with "stacked visuals"? Overlapping some visuals together?

Can you share some snapshots?

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey @v-jiascu-msft

I am using the KPI visual. The word Number next to the word Goal is correct, What I am trying to do is Delete the word Goal.

What I meant by overlapping is creating a card displaying the number next to Goal and just physically placing it under the large number, but the phone layout does not allow stacked visuals.

Hi @AnthonyC,

It seems there isn't a good solution. I would suggest you try other custom visuals like Dual KPI. Please also create an idea here.

Best Regards,
Dale

AnthonyC
Frequent Visitor

Hello all, I am a beginner with Power BI and Data Analytics in general and I hope to eventually contribute my own solutions to other's issues once I get some experience with this awesome tool. 

Currently, I am building a simple dashboard my boss requested which will show changes to inventory levels day to day. The issue I ran into is the KPI indicator only shows the % change. Since we have about 400k products at any given time a change of 500 is .00125% change. The area chart and to show trend and the clear number is a very nice number but is there a way that I can change the indicator to be just a number. So making the indicator = yesterdayINVBAL-todayINVBAL. The method I am using is having an table on Access be Appended by the inventory balance and a "upload timestamp". \

Thank you for any solution you guys can provide.

Also i have seen some Dax stuff, but I'm not even sure were to apply them to. I have a pretty decent amount of exp with excel, so dax hasn't been too difficult to learn. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.