Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mangou
Frequent Visitor

can i make planning tool with powerbi

Hi Guys,

i´m developing a planning tool and i use ssas.

Furthermore i want to use power bi as data entry mask to put data in my ssas cube and power bi as reporting tool as well ...

Did someone got an idea ?

Regards,

Mangou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Mangou,

Based on what I know, Power BI could only make the SSAS as a data source, and can’t be made as a data entry for SSAS.

Reference:

Connect to SSAS Multidimensional Models in Power BI Desktop

SQL Server Analysis Services live data in Power BI

Besides, to embed Power BI reports, you may have interests reading the article below:

What can developers do with Power BI?

With Power BI API, we could integrate a tile or a report into an app, check the article above for more details.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
psolli
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,

Writeback to Tabluar with both Import mode and Direct query is fully supported with Visual Planning from Power ON. Multi Dimensional is also supported. There is a great video here to get you started. http://poweronbi.com/powerbi-visual-planning/

You can also load data from Power BI to SQL with their solutions: http://poweronbi.com/2017/06/power-update-from-power-bi-desktop-to-sql-server

Power ON also has a Table Editor that lets you edit SQL Tables in Power BI Service directly. http://poweronbi.com/visual-table-editor/

Contact info is feedback@poweronbi.com

Visual Planner turns Power BI into a fully fledged Goal Seek and Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting solution.

Per Solli

v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Mangou,

Based on what I know, Power BI could only make the SSAS as a data source, and can’t be made as a data entry for SSAS.

Reference:

Connect to SSAS Multidimensional Models in Power BI Desktop

SQL Server Analysis Services live data in Power BI

Besides, to embed Power BI reports, you may have interests reading the article below:

What can developers do with Power BI?

With Power BI API, we could integrate a tile or a report into an app, check the article above for more details.

Regards

Hi Michael_Shao,

Thanx !

That´s a great pleasure to receive your help...

The links are realy interesting...

Regards,

Hi Mangou,

You're welcome, and glad to help.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to post back.

Regards

Hi @Mangou Just to let you know my organization www.managility.co  specializes in writeback and planning solutions for Power BI, SQL Server and Excel: www.acterys.com . If you are interested in further details please contact me.

Martin

Planning with Power BI? -> www.acterys.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.