Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gidziu
Regular Visitor

bridge, many to many issue

Going crazy with a bridge (many to many) issue. I have two tables: task (task_id, task_name) and user (user_id, user_name). Since each task can be assigned to one or many users and each user can own multiple tasks, I need bridge task_user with primary keys from each user and task tables.

task table:

gidziu_7-1675842565165.png

user table:

gidziu_1-1675841443779.png

user_task table (bridge):

gidziu_2-1675841487463.png

PBI relationships:

gidziu_5-1675841731683.png

First, PBI table visual based on just user table: 

gidziu_3-1675841568253.png

Now, added task_name to the visual from task table:

gidziu_8-1675842647995.png

The ask is this: I would like to display a list of users with a task name next to the user name. If no task is assigned to a user I would need empty string (user 3 record must be showing), if multiple tasks assigned to a user (e.g. user 1) just the the name of the first task should be shown. Something like this:

gidziu_9-1675842739422.png

Possible? Appreciate any tips.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Change the relationships to single.  In the user_task table, write this calculated column formula

Task name = related(task[task name])

From the User table, drag the 2 columns to the visual.  Drag the Task name column from the user_task table.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
DvdH
Helper V
Helper V

Power BI DAX Function FIRSTNONBLANK Example - Power BI Docs
I don't know the answer but i think this function could help for the only showing 1 task per user

gidziu
Regular Visitor

Thank you for input. I tried this option. Somehow many to many does not work well with FirstNonBlank

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.