Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

YOY% clustered column chart

Hi Team. I appreciate if you can help me with the excess data I get in the column chart to show YOY%.

The first screenshot attached shows a column chart visual as if no year is selected.

The second screenshot shows as if I choose the year e.g. 2022 to slice the data to show YOY% (i.e. 2022 vs 2021).

The second screenshot shows the visual that I'd like to present but I only need to see the YOY% for the year 2022 and I don't need to see the light blue colour columns which somehow show the total (i.e. if no year is selected).

How can I only show the YOY% which is the dark blue data?

Another question is am I able to show all YOY% in one visual? e.g.. To have a table with 3 columns for each year YOY% for each MG?

Thank you for your help.

Year not selected (total YOY).PNG1.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If I understand correctly, you would like to get the following results:

1. Only display the data by the special year

A: You can create a slicer using [Year] field to replace the table visual with [Year] field, then the column chart will only display the data for the specific year(s) when you select the year which you want to check in the slicer....

2. Show all YOY% in one visual

A: Create a table visual with [YOY%], [Year] and [MG] field (DO NOT apply any filter or slicer on this visual)

If the above one can't help you get the desired result, please provide some sample data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ying

Thank you for your time and help. It worked.

Kind Regards,

Marzi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If I understand correctly, you would like to get the following results:

1. Only display the data by the special year

A: You can create a slicer using [Year] field to replace the table visual with [Year] field, then the column chart will only display the data for the specific year(s) when you select the year which you want to check in the slicer....

2. Show all YOY% in one visual

A: Create a table visual with [YOY%], [Year] and [MG] field (DO NOT apply any filter or slicer on this visual)

If the above one can't help you get the desired result, please provide some sample data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ying

Thank you for your time and help. It worked.

Kind Regards,

Marzi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.