Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

nicolast29
Helper V
Helper V

Wrong Matrix in excel but ok in Power bi

Hi

I want to understand why my pivot table in excel doesn't work properly but is ok in Power Bi

I have 3 tables linked

One with header and another with sub header

In Excel when i create my pivot table it show me all the subheader for each header .....

nicolast29_0-1715756242750.png

sig anglais.xlsx

sig anglais.pbix

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nicolast29 ,

This is because in Power BI there is a model relationship between your two tables, whereas in excel there is no model relationship so it will export the two columns as a Cartesian product, if you want the data from the layout on the pbix file you can publish the report to the service by selecting that visual object, clicking export data and choosing to export in the current layout.

vtangjiemsft_0-1715825952297.png

For more details, please refer: Export data from a Power BI visualization - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Troubleshoot the connection from Excel to Power BI data - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Create Excel workbooks with refreshable Power BI data - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

hi

thanks for replying

For me i do a model relationship

You can see it if you dowload the file

Or maybe i think wrong ? Can you tell me

nicolast29_0-1716281429424.png

nicolast29_0-1716282139437.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.