Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

m_richardson
Frequent Visitor

Work out difference in time between events

I have a table which looks like the below.

m_richardson_0-1679514703336.png

This details actions taken for finance applications, where there can be multiple action types per application.  The application ID identifies the application.  Each action is timestamped, has a type and a person who carried it out.  In the example above you can see two applications and the actions in sequence from Application Start to Paidout.

What I would like to figure out is how I can measure the difference in time between certain action types to use for reporting.  As an example, I would like to know how to know the average time taken from 'Application Start' to 'Paidout'.  I would filter this on a page by user or datetime perhaps.  

What DAX would help me to achieve this? 

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@m_richardson , Try like

Measure =
var _min = calculate(min(Table[Date Time], allexcept(Table, table[Application ID]), filter(Table, Table[Application Type] = "Application Start"))
Var _max = calculate(max(Table[Date Time], allexcept(Table, table[Application ID]), filter(Table, Table[Application Type] = "Paidout"))
return
averagex(Values(Table[Application ID]), datediff(_min, _max, minute))

Apologies for the delay, but this doesn't work. The parentheses don't match up, and I'm getting an error that MIN only needs two arguments passing to it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.