Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Wind Rose direction

Hi guys,

I want to create a wind rose direction in PowerBI, i read many sites in google/youtube but i dint find anything that it is usefull to me.

The first thing is to use the aster plot visual 

it seems very eeasy but when i put the directions (N,NE,E,etc) the visual doesnt sort by names (like 1.N, 2.NE, 3.E, etc) only sort by the values from greatest to lowest and it is not usefull for me. 

The other way is to use the radar chart visual that i can sort by what i want but the visual have points and it is not that i need

My idea is to obtain something like this

dobregon_0-1615887327246.png

Can someone help me on this?
kind regards!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I have solved myself. I put here the "solution" if someone has similar problem it will be able to solve this.

The solution is very simple. For the moment, the Aster Plot doesnt have the sort option but it seems to have a little "bug" that it is very userful.

If you create from 0, you dont see the sort options and it sorts by bigest number, instead of names, etc etc etc But if you create first the radar chart and configure it with the sort that you want and after that you change the visual to Aster plot; this one will mantain the sort configured.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I have solved myself. I put here the "solution" if someone has similar problem it will be able to solve this.

The solution is very simple. For the moment, the Aster Plot doesnt have the sort option but it seems to have a little "bug" that it is very userful.

If you create from 0, you dont see the sort options and it sorts by bigest number, instead of names, etc etc etc But if you create first the radar chart and configure it with the sort that you want and after that you change the visual to Aster plot; this one will mantain the sort configured.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.