Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HenriqueReis
Resolver I
Resolver I

Why does it happens? Bubble chart

Same data, same all, just a different graph with a similar function:

HenriqueReis_0-1654182944095.png

HenriqueReis_1-1654182994012.png

Kind Regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @HenriqueReis ,

Please check whether the interaction type in Bubble chart in Example number 2 is highlight? In Power BI, you can edit interaction type by Edit interactions function.

For reference:

Change how visuals interact in a Power BI report

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@HenriqueReis 

Sorry I could not get it earlier but it can be seen that Filter data in chart instead of just highlighting ... - Microsoft Power BI Community this feature is not available for all the visuals which are quite odd to see

This can be added to Power BI Community ideas if not already there >> Ideas (powerbi.com)

Regards,

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !!Power BI for Tableau Users 

If you are satishfied with the answer then kindly mark it so that it can help others too

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !!Power BI for Tableau Users 

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@HenriqueReis 

What you say will happen with a Pie Chart or any other chart as well, I guess (Highlight 

but not Filter), what is specific to Bubble Chart ?

Regards,

Ritesh

Hi, thanks for answer.

The bubble chart is like a scatter plot graph, but it has names inside the bubbles.

My question is simple, look at this:

Exemple number 1:

Scatter plot without filter

HenriqueReis_0-1654288166201.png

Scatter plot with filter

HenriqueReis_1-1654288260158.png

Exemple number2:

Impact Bubble chart without filter

HenriqueReis_2-1654288426431.png

Impact Bubble chart with filter

HenriqueReis_3-1654288466957.png

The question is:

Why does nothing happens with the positions of the bubbles in the Impact Bubble chart when I select 2012 in the second part of the exemple number2?

Thank you all!

Regards!

Hi @HenriqueReis ,

Please check whether the interaction type in Bubble chart in Example number 2 is highlight? In Power BI, you can edit interaction type by Edit interactions function.

For reference:

Change how visuals interact in a Power BI report

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Perfect, man!

Thank you, now I got it!

Regards from BR

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@HenriqueReis , Check the replay from @ribisht17 .

But I think , first scatter uses legend and the second one does not

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@HenriqueReis 

Did not get the exact question ?

The bubble chart would vary with Measure value as far as size is concerned.

Another major difference is,

Bubble Chart won't get you negative values and you may need to use ABS value to show the -ive data points

Regards,

Ritesh

Hi, thanks for your answer.

Let me explain, if I create a slicer and select 2012 year, the bubble chart shows me what I want, but if I select it on the column graph of years, it don't work. 

Why does it happen?

HenriqueReis_0-1654246932415.png

The bubble chart would vary with Measure value as far as size is concerned, but if I select the 2012 year in the column graph of years, it do should show me the result above, and it just works beacause I created a slicer. 

Appreciate your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.