Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

rammy
Helper I
Helper I

Why Power Bi Desktop app Stuck and not responding

Hi Power bi Family,

Here i have a irritating😡 problem with power bi desktop app . I don't know what happen but my power bi desktop app stuks . Before loading data into power bi desktop, if i place my cursor on any icon on the ribbon bar, you know that icon and tooltip comes or  enable slowly after a half minute or minute .Any Where in the desktop if i place my cursor on visuals , formating options also those are enabled slowly like it takes time to enabl (half minute or minute). You know the fact it is irritating me alot, without dataset it is stuckking and with dataset also it is stuckking .😵

For this i have unistall and install this more than 3 times no improvements

So if any one having any solution to sort out this please help me😂

rammy_0-1652531490207.png

please help me 

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
joostvanham
Frequent Visitor

ever found a solution on this one? i started to have the same issue for some weeks now.

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @rammy ,

Options – Preview features – Reopening Power BI Desktop after closing Power BI Desktop infrastructure update.

vyangliumsft_0-1652769228547.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

@rammy do you have the latest version of PBIX (it used to do that buy years ago).
Also, maybe you just have small memory on your PC, check the task manager when you experience that to see if the memory usage is on 100%

Hi @SpartaBI 

Yes, i am using latest version of powerbi my pc RAM is 8 GB and 1 TB HDD.

you know 2months ago working fine now only from april onwards

can u please suggest , this is my task manager img

rammy_0-1652533811257.png

Thanks in Advance

SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

• @rammy so, ye, something is stucking your disk. Maybe your model ia huge or you created hundreds of measures?

Hi @SpartaBI  , you know without dataaset also it is stuck. When i place my cursor on ribbon icons .

Thanks in Advance

SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

@rammy really strange, I hope someone from the support team will see this soon and address this issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.