Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

HarryZang

Why I cannot launch my PowerBI desktop app (Always stuck on the logo page) ?

Hi,

I am on Windows10 Enterprise 20H2 (OS build 19042.2130)

When I open the PowerBI desktop app (downloaded from Microsoft Store), it always stuck on the logo page.

I have tried "Repair", "Uninstall and reinstall the app",  and "Run as system administrator", switched different networks.

All with the same result (stuck......).

HarryZang_0-1667359553084.png

However, I can still open an old version “PowerBI desktop" (2019 Jan desktop exe installing version)

My PowerBI Desktop application (Microsoft store version) works fine about several weeks ago.  Not sure if it is related to our recent company firewall protection policy change but I can still open another windows app "PowerBI report builder".

I have checked my windows events, got 10016 warning message when running this app(The DistributedCOM error 10016 indicates a program is trying to access the DCOM server without having the necessary permissions to do so.) But this seems a common warning message, and it was also appear at the time previously I successfully launched the app.

Could someone help me about this issue? Or at least some one could point out folder or some where I can see the running log/crash report of this PowerBI desktop app version?

Thank you all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Amit,

Thank you for your quick response.

Our organization turned off automatic updates, so no pending updates, 

My latest update is 20H2-10 update, on Oct20, not sure if it is causing the issue.

As last update was 20H2-09 on Sep22, and my computer still runs the App at least on Oct 5 .

Previously I installed both 2019 and Desktop App version.

You just reminder me another option, download the install package from this link not from the windows store ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494). Hope this works.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HarryZang

Just downloaded the latest PowerBI desktop intalling package from the site (not from Microsoft store). And this version works fine.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@HarryZang , First of all make sure, no windows updates are pending. If there are pending updates install those.

Also, I am sure you have Jan 2019 on a different machine, not on this. Either install the app or downloaded version.

Amit,

Thank you for your quick response.

Our organization turned off automatic updates, so no pending updates, 

My latest update is 20H2-10 update, on Oct20, not sure if it is causing the issue.

As last update was 20H2-09 on Sep22, and my computer still runs the App at least on Oct 5 .

Previously I installed both 2019 and Desktop App version.

You just reminder me another option, download the install package from this link not from the windows store ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494). Hope this works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.