Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

jhayes0128
Frequent Visitor

White page shadow with dark theme?

I have a report with a custom 'Dark Theme' that works great, however I cannot seem to remove this white shadow between the usable page and the outspace/wallpaper. I do have shadows configured for visuals, but if I change the shadow to red this white shadow stays white. I can't seem to get rid of this white shadow! Any advice?

jhayes0128_0-1646259928200.png

"visualStyles": {
"page": {
"*": {
"outspace": [
{
"color": {
"solid": {
"color": "#252423"
}
},
"transparency": 0
}
],
"background": [
{
}
},
"transparency": 0
}
]
}
},
"dropShadow": [
{
"show": true,
}
},
"position": "Inner",
"preset": "Custom",
"shadowSpread": 10,
"shadowBlur": 18.0,
"angle": 0,
"shadowDistance": 0,
"transparency": 65
}
],

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @jhayes0128 

I think this might assist. There is the Canvas Background and the Wallpaper.  I have a slight shadow with the below options:

TheoC_0-1646261127960.png

Now, when I turn the Canvas Background to 100% transparent, the shadow goes away:

TheoC_1-1646261193103.png

If you can use the Wallpaper as the basis of your dark theme, switch the canvas to complete transparency (100%), you should find the shadow goes away.

Hope this helps!

Theo 🙂

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
eyebelieve
Frequent Visitor

Perfect, thank you! I usuall apply a background image and so changing the Background to 100% means that image will no longer show; work around, keep Background at 100% and insert an image as a "background" in order to eliminate that wallpaper/background light shadow. 

jhayes0128
Frequent Visitor

That's it @TheoC !!! Thank you very much!!!

@jhayes0128 glad it helped! All the best mate.

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @jhayes0128 

I think this might assist. There is the Canvas Background and the Wallpaper.  I have a slight shadow with the below options:

TheoC_0-1646261127960.png

Now, when I turn the Canvas Background to 100% transparent, the shadow goes away:

TheoC_1-1646261193103.png

If you can use the Wallpaper as the basis of your dark theme, switch the canvas to complete transparency (100%), you should find the shadow goes away.

Hope this helps!

Theo 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.