Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

hyggins
Helper I
Helper I

Which Power BI live dataset is my desktop report using?

I have a report that is connected to a Power BI live dataset. When I go to Edit Queries -> Data source settings the "Select a dataset to create a report" window appears. What I do not see is any indication of the currently select dataset.

Can someone tell me how to identify which Power BI live dataset my desktop report is connected to?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@hyggins Soo. I started to write up a whole reply around how this seems really odd, and hacks to try to find it, then I gave one more look around and found that you can actually see this in the lower right hand corner of the Desktop.. I may just do a quick blog about this because that isn't at all intuitive based on where we find other connection info. Because you are right, it isn't anywhere we would normally look.

live.png

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@hyggins Soo. I started to write up a whole reply around how this seems really odd, and hacks to try to find it, then I gave one more look around and found that you can actually see this in the lower right hand corner of the Desktop.. I may just do a quick blog about this because that isn't at all intuitive based on where we find other connection info. Because you are right, it isn't anywhere we would normally look.

live.png

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Oh. My. Goodness!!! Right there in front of me!!

Well, I guess it goes back to the old IBM story of knowing which screw to turn.

Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.