Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can I get learn non-beginner skills/get help for PowerBi?

Hi all,

I am currently working on multiple different excel sheets for my work. There is a workflow involved in the different excel sheets where excel file A has some of it's data extracted to create excel file B and C. Some data are added into both by referencing from excel file D and E. Data from excel file D and E are then used to get data for Excel file F.

These are all being done manually and if there is a change in one, the change has to be done manually down the work flow. The excel sheets are mostly calculations and referencing of data (ie. if value is between n-N, print x.)

I would like to integrate all these excels using the table visualisation of Power BI to ease the workflow moving forward. I am familiar and understand the basics of Power Bi but would like to know where I can learn it in depth to my needs. Or is there anywhere I can get help in my specific needs?

Many thanks in advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

You can get help here in this forum whenever you are stuck. But you have to take one step at a time, also you have to be clear on your process end goal. Break it down into sections and ask specifically of what you need.

Always take care of the below while asking questions here to get most accurate answers.

Break down all your flow in bits and present problem statement which you cannot resolve.

Create a table for sample input data using the table tool available in this editor.

Create another table for sample output data using the same table tool.

Expalin using proper names.

Community members are very prompt in replying and getting you through. 

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous - I think that radacad offers some pretty good, more than beginner training, but as @pranit828  said, you can always get help here but it is best if you ask specific questions.

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Not very clear.

To merge or append the Tables

https://radacad.com/append-vs-merge-in-power-bi-and-power-query

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/from-sql-to-dax-joining-tables/

To separate the Table from Table

https://youtu.be/kU2M1LmNvNo

https://youtu.be/vHuhbvYCiNc

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format?

pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

You can get help here in this forum whenever you are stuck. But you have to take one step at a time, also you have to be clear on your process end goal. Break it down into sections and ask specifically of what you need.

Always take care of the below while asking questions here to get most accurate answers.

Break down all your flow in bits and present problem statement which you cannot resolve.

Create a table for sample input data using the table tool available in this editor.

Create another table for sample output data using the same table tool.

Expalin using proper names.

Community members are very prompt in replying and getting you through. 

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors