Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anjani

What would be the storage location of .PBIX files if the Tenant storage location is India?

Hi I am working for a business where the tenant is located in India. Just wanted to check if we use power bi from Azure which requires the PBIX file to be uplaoded in cloud. What would be the storage location of the PBIX file. We have regulations which doesn't allow us to store any data out side our country. We would take business decision on using Azure Power Bi based on the storage location.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anjani,

To check which data center will host your data, I would suggest you to sign up a test account for Power BI with your work email. Then you should be able to know the answer by following steps below.Smiley Happy

1. Log in to Power BI.
  2. Click on the ? (question mark) in the top right corner of the page, followed by the “About Power BI” link.
    HighlightQuestionMark
  3. The following dialog box will appear, with the final line showing the data center that hosts your data. In my case, it is in South Central US (Texas) 
    Details2

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anjani

Thank you for the details. It really helps.

Since we are a financial organization and our tenatn location is going to be in India DC, can I safely assume that the data would be in india?

Hi @Anjani,

Yes, I think so.Smiley Happy

Regards

Anjani

Thank you for the details. It really helps.

Since we are a financial organization and our tenatn location is going to be in India DC, can I safely assume that the data would be in india?

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anjani,

To check which data center will host your data, I would suggest you to sign up a test account for Power BI with your work email. Then you should be able to know the answer by following steps below.Smiley Happy

1. Log in to Power BI.
  2. Click on the ? (question mark) in the top right corner of the page, followed by the “About Power BI” link.
    HighlightQuestionMark
  3. The following dialog box will appear, with the final line showing the data center that hosts your data. In my case, it is in South Central US (Texas) 
    Details2

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.