Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mario_ruiz
Helper II
Helper II

What's the minimum experience and study time (hours) recommended to pass the pl-300 exam?

Hi,

I recently did my cert exam and scored 669, I was close to getting the minimum of 700 points to ace it. I'm pretty new to the Power BI world, but I'm a Software Engineer with several years of experience. I have the chance to start working with a new team that uses a lot of Power BI and that's why I'm studying the Data Analyst path. 

I don't really have a strong interest in having the answer to my question but it is for other people that are asking me how long will take to be certified for people who never have been involved in Power BI. So I can answer them 😄 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
6 REPLIES 6
PatriciaGuajar

Thanks for the descriptive answers.

claymcooper
Resolver II
Resolver II

I think most people have trouble in two areas. 1 is understanding DAX and 2 is everything that happens after the report has been developed. This topic include RLS, publishing to Power BI service, permissions, connections, refreshes, etc. I would also echo the above tips and links that others have posted.

mario_ruiz
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for the descriptive answers. I'm curious if there's any Microsoft official page that mentions how long will take or recommend to someone the previous preparation/experience before presenting the pl-300 exam. Usually, this information is present on the certification page but in this case, I cannot find anything useful on the official page. Thanks. 

jcalheir
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi

I've passed PL-300 (and other exams) by taking the learning path and answer practice exams. Practice exams will really help because will train you for the type of questions you will be faced with.

In my example i've used this website, and done almost all practice exams:

https://skillcertpro.com/

Theres is also this free alternative:

https://www.examtopics.com/exams/microsoft/

Regarding the study hours, its hard to guess as it really depends on your study rhythm and previous experience in Power BI/Data / IT

Kind regards,
José
Please mark this answer as the solution if it resolves your issue.
Appreciate your kudos! 🙂

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hey @amitchandak do you know which Udemy course that they were taking? Or have an example? Thanks! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.