Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What happened to data colors and default color?

My current version of Power BI is 2.106.883.0 64-bit (June, 2022).

With this release, I noticed that in the formatting options for clustered bar charts, "Data Colors" was renamed to "Columns".

I have a need to update the colors of specific bars in my chart based on conditional formatting.

All content I have come across so far still refers to using "Data Colors > Default color", but this option does not exist anymore.

Can anyone tell me where/if I can find the option to set conditional formatting on my bar colors?

Thanks a bunch.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I think I've figured it out.

When you add multiple values in the chart, which I usually do, you don't get the default option.

It's only when I add a single value to the x-axis, the default option appears.

In other words, you can only use conditional formatting on columns or bars if you only have one measure in the graph.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I want to change the color of the graph depending on the value of the bars

josedf_1-1663622815664.png

But I can't find data colors, or bars, I think the option is called conditional graphs.

josedf_0-1663622722154.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I think I've figured it out.

When you add multiple values in the chart, which I usually do, you don't get the default option.

It's only when I add a single value to the x-axis, the default option appears.

In other words, you can only use conditional formatting on columns or bars if you only have one measure in the graph.

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Here it is:

vjaywmsft_0-1658129793699.png

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

This is exactly what I was looking for! It used to be under Data colors and now it's under Bars. Much appreciated

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure which version of Power BI your are using @v-jayw-msft . I'm currently using the July 2022 release, and below is what I have. There is no "Bars" option:

Capture.PNG

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm using the July 2022 version too.

Under bar chart it's called "Bars" and under column chart it's called "Columns".

vjaywmsft_1-1658204311914.png

vjaywmsft_0-1658204296124.png

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Rbfull
Frequent Visitor

I noticed the same thing...looks like an "Update" thats actually a regrssion... but on the bright side you can definitely conditionally format the Y and X axis titles and Legend text 😖

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am really hoping this is NOT the case. I can't imagine why Microsoft would take such an important feature away, and think that users would just be content with conditional formatting on the text label around the graphs than the actual bars itself.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.