Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rmitchell
Frequent Visitor

What does this icon mean in Field List?

What does this icon mean in my Field List? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I can't find anywhere a list of icons and what they mean, this field seems to have appeared in my field list and I don't know how or why.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@rmitchell It means that you created a group. This is automatically created if you create a clustered group in a visual. The "Month" in your snapshot should be an additional field, and I assume you have the original "Month" with no icon. If this was accidental, you can just delete it.

To create a group, you can click on the elipses of any field and an option way down near the bottom is "New Group". Or, as you probably have found out, a group is created if you build one when using a supporting visual.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@rmitchell It means that you created a group. This is automatically created if you create a clustered group in a visual. The "Month" in your snapshot should be an additional field, and I assume you have the original "Month" with no icon. If this was accidental, you can just delete it.

To create a group, you can click on the elipses of any field and an option way down near the bottom is "New Group". Or, as you probably have found out, a group is created if you build one when using a supporting visual.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.