Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

apkmnp
Frequent Visitor

Weird requirement on chart default scroll

Hi Team,

Hope everyone is doing well.

I am working on some views where due to multiple charts being used, the scrolling has been enabled as the chart view is small.

However the requirement is that the scroll should be defaulted to right end of the chart, for e.g in my case the default scroll should not start from 04 July but from 29 Aug.

Sorting the dates is not acceptable as a solution since normal tendency of audience is to read the dates in an incremental order i.e. from 04 July to 29 Aug.

Let me know if there is any trick to capture this requirement.image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @apkmnp 

Sorry, PowerBI currently does not support setting the default scroll position. You can submit an idea for it at   https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/   and wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

If the time range covered on the x-axis is very long, you can consider adding a slicer for manual filtering. The custom visual "Timeline Slicer" would be a good choice.You can filter data for a period of time through this slicer (based on year/month/week/day)

vzhangti_0-1663831399683.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @apkmnp 

Sorry, PowerBI currently does not support setting the default scroll position. You can submit an idea for it at   https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/   and wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

If the time range covered on the x-axis is very long, you can consider adding a slicer for manual filtering. The custom visual "Timeline Slicer" would be a good choice.You can filter data for a period of time through this slicer (based on year/month/week/day)

vzhangti_0-1663831399683.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.