Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JennHardie
Regular Visitor

Weekly/Monthly Parameter for Dates where the Ranges do not match and need to hide Blank Header

I want to create a dynamic table that can switch between weekly and monthly date parameters.

Weekly is the Start of the week where CurrentWeekOffset = 0-4

Monthly is Start of Month CurrentMonthOffset is 0-3

The image below are the expected outcomes for the row headers, I achieve the cut offs using the current week/month offsets in the image filter.

JennHardie_0-1713301610779.png

I created 2 tables for the Month and Week Parameter sets and created each relationship to my CalendarDate and then created Field Parameters.

The output almost works but I get blank rows for items that calculate outside the Row Headers – this is where I was previously used the Offsets to filter out the unwanted data.

I tried to filter out blanks but this resulted in information missing when the filter was on Weekly and switching back to Monthly  and still contains blanks when set in Monthly and switching over to Weekly

Every cheat I have come up with results in at least one inactive relationship in the diagram.

What am I missing?

1 REPLY 1
v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JennHardie ,

I do not know which functions you used. The test did not produce any results, so I need data, preferably pbix.

I can not help you very well. Maybe you can provide me with your pbix file?

Please remove sensitive data and do not log in to your account in Power BI Desktop when uploading pbix files.

All this is to better solve your problems.

I would be grateful if you get back to me quickly.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.