Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

EmaVasileva
Helper V
Helper V

Week in two months - need help with measure

Hi team,

I need help with a measure, which I can use as a hidden filter, for my chart.
Example: My custom week starts on Thursday and ends on Wednesday.  The week 30 is in two months in July as well as in August. What I would like to achieve is that week 30 to filter data in the chart for month August. If the full week is in one month, I want to see the relevant month. Week 31 in in Aug, so the bars are filtered for Aug.

The desired result:

Presentation1.jpg

Custom week comes from measure table, so I cannot use power query. Data in the bars comes from different table. The two tables don’t have a relationship between them, because of the setup of the dataset. So, I need a measure.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EmaVasileva ,

Can you share with me some screenshots of your data after hiding sensitive information?

Thanks for your efforts & time in advance.

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yadongf-msft ,
Thank you for willing to help! I attached a sample data in excel and a pbi file. 

Currently, when a week is in two months, I need do see data for the completed month (ex. selected week 8, which is in Feb&Mar, I need to see data for Feb, if the week is in Mar, I need my bars to be filtered for Mar).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.