Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KalvisT

Waterfall chart showing increase and decrease in % over time

Hei,

I cant really figure this out anymore. 

I want to create a waterfall chart that shows increase and decrease in quality controll for tasks that are completed. 

Data comes from a sharepoint and main values are In columns:

Process = choice column,different types of tasks.

Status = 4 types of grades. Ok, 1, 2 and 3. 

There is also a date column, and people pickers and some text columns. And I have added a start of the month date column. 

I created additional table in Query duplicated my DateTable and added Index table to it, changed the date to show only start of the month. 

The hard part here is, that the % of quality is calculated by 3 of the 4 Status values which are Ok, 1, 2. 

For pie charts it was easy to show the % and not count the grade 3 in. 

The main goal is that Waterfall chart shows %, values that are with grade Ok and the % is calculated out of what % is Ok out of ok, 1 and 2. 

I tried calculating it with a lot of filters but it either didnt show any values or there was an error. Any ideas? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KalvisT ,

In the filters, you have used some thing like [Status]=1 or [Status]=2 instead of [Status]="1". The values type of [Status] is string but 1 of "=1" is number. So there is no values.

Or please share your pbix file without any sensitive data, if you need more help.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. Paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services. Please show the expected outcome.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.