Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kantimangalam
Regular Visitor

Waterfall Chart - Sum off all bars

Hi,

I am new to Power BI. I have a requirement for a waterfall chart where i need to add all column and have it as a sum, and next to the sum( Actual)   i need another bar showing the difference from 2 bars. Below chart explains.

kantimangalam_2-1647347291974.png

My Data

kantimangalam_0-1647347845643.png

Currently i am bringing actual and Net values from an excel sheet. but i want the actual value to be displayed as a sum of all ( which needs to start from axis 0 value not at 13)and next to it have a Net value which is the difference Net = ( Actual - Design).

I tried removing the Actual from the excel sheet and and including a total column but then how do i add another column to the right which is Net = (Actual- Design)?

Need to achieve this

kantimangalam_2-1647348709166.png

Actual is the total For all the Previous bar ( sum of positive and negative values) and  Loss/Gain= (Actual Losses - Design Losses)

Not sure if i was able to explain my requirement clearly. Also need the Design losses and Actual LOsses to be represented in a different colors than the rest.

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kantimangalam 

Could you share the sample file involved in the picture below?  Not sure how to calculate the new column, could you please add its calculate formula and its result according to the data in your sample? Thanks

vxiaotang_0-1647597753832.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.