Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

GraceJinM
Frequent Visitor

Visualizing total and filter-specific scores on the same figure

Hello, 

My data is made up of scores for 24 different organizations across a single state. On the report, we want the consumer to be able to select the state they want to view data for via a slicer on the main page; however, we also want a visual that compares the organization specific scores (Site Score) and scores across all orgs in the state (State Score) side by side. 

My first thought to do this was to create two identical dataset, but have the state score set disconnect from the variable used to filter by site. When I try to visual the data, however, the scores are incorrect. In the visual below (see figure 1), the dark and light blue scores should be identical because the filter is turned off, but for some reason the State Scores are static at 28.8%. This stays the same even when I use the filter (see figure 2).

Any assistance for why this is happening is much appreciated! Also, if you have any recommendations for how to create the Total State Score variable is unaffected by the slicer that is also helpful!

(Figure 1 = Scores should be identical because slicer is off)

Figure 1: Scores should be identical because slicer is not activeFigure 1: Scores should be identical because slicer is not active

Figure 2: State score stays inaccurate with slicer active.

Figure 2: National Scores stay incorrect when filter is active tooFigure 2: National Scores stay incorrect when filter is active too

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GraceJinM ,
Here some steps that I want to share, you can check them if they suitable for your requirement.
Here is my test data:

vheqmsft_0-1713322489609.png

Create a calculated table

Table 2 = 
SUMMARIZE(
    'Table',
    'Table'[State],
    'Table'[Organization]
)

vheqmsft_1-1713322533075.png

Create two meaures

Site Score = 
CALCULATE(
    SUM('Table'[Value]),
    FILTER(
        ALL('Table'),
        SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[Organization]) = 'Table'[Organization] && 'Table'[State] = SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[State])
    )
)
State Score = 
CALCULATE(
    SUM('Table'[Value]),
    FILTER(
        'Table',
        'Table'[State] = SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[State])
    )
)

Use Table 2[State] and Table 2[Oragnization] as slicer
Fianl output

vheqmsft_2-1713322668249.png

vheqmsft_3-1713322676614.png

Best regards,

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GraceJinM ,
Here some steps that I want to share, you can check them if they suitable for your requirement.
Here is my test data:

vheqmsft_0-1713322489609.png

Create a calculated table

Table 2 = 
SUMMARIZE(
    'Table',
    'Table'[State],
    'Table'[Organization]
)

vheqmsft_1-1713322533075.png

Create two meaures

Site Score = 
CALCULATE(
    SUM('Table'[Value]),
    FILTER(
        ALL('Table'),
        SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[Organization]) = 'Table'[Organization] && 'Table'[State] = SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[State])
    )
)
State Score = 
CALCULATE(
    SUM('Table'[Value]),
    FILTER(
        'Table',
        'Table'[State] = SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[State])
    )
)

Use Table 2[State] and Table 2[Oragnization] as slicer
Fianl output

vheqmsft_2-1713322668249.png

vheqmsft_3-1713322676614.png

Best regards,

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.