Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

wes-shen-poal
Helper III
Helper III

Visualization to show "All Other" based on filter

Hi there,

I currently have a "Transporter" filter, and a Card visualisation showing average number of days selected Transporters leave their vehicles in the car yard (Average Dwell Time)

E.g. as per screenshot below, currently transporter "CDG" has an average dwell time of 4.55 days.

Capture.PNG

Can someone kindly guide me through how I can show the Average Dwell Time of All Other Transporters (i.e. all transporters but excluding the transporter selected in the filter) for the Card visualisation where I circled blue in the screenshot?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Wes

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wes-shen-poal,

You can take a look at this similar thread: Slicer reverse selection in chart . Depend on your real data, you need to modify the measures.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Thanks so much for referring me to another post. I had a read and understood that the solution provided in that post did not take into account other slicers.

For my scenario, I also have four other slicers (two date ranges, Vehicle ID Classification, and Shipping Line). The Transporter slicer is the one I want to use as the reverse selection for my visualisation while still taking into account the four other slicers.

I did stumble across this article (http://www.skillslogic.com/blogdetail/98/power-bi-how-to-show-rows-excluded-by-slicer) where the author seemed to have captured the other slicers, but I don't know how to tweak the DAX formula so that it takes into acount the two date-range slicers I have.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks,
Wes

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.