Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Vistazo

Visualization not updating to current version

Hello. My visualizations are not updating to their current version. I have updated my Power BI desktop to the latest version but the visualizations have not updated. E.g. Microsoft Gantt is still stuck on version 2.3.3. It should be 3.0.4.0. All visualizations are affected. My desktop version of P-BI is 2.128.751.0. How can I update the visualizations to current versions?

2 REPLIES 2
Vistazo

Perhaps I did not explain mysefl enough. So I did update the Gantt visual from the appsource. Here are the steps I took: Home > More Visuals > From AppSource > Click Gantt Microsoft Corporation tile > click Add > message: "Visual Already Exists. The report already contains a copy of this visual version 3.0.4.0 ..." And yet when I inspect the Gantt visual in my report, it is still version 2.2.3. I have also tried removing the visual completely and installing it again. No change, it won't update. I have tried uninstalling Power BI Desktop completely and reinstalling the very latest version. No change. 

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Vistazo ,

Custom visuals do not update automatically, the only visualizations that are updated when you update Power BI desktop are the standard ones.

For the custom visualizations update you always need to do the download from the app source store.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.