Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Rwars065
Frequent Visitor

Visualization not responding to filter - relationships between mutliple tables

Hello all,

I'm having some issues with my data model. I'm trying to create a relationship between 3 tables (pictured below):

relationship.PNG

The issue I'm running into is that when I create a visualization, only one line on the graph responds to a slicer selection (the slicer selection is WLOC which appears in all 3 tables).

The lines on the line graph use the dimensions, 'Match %' from the 'EDW Query' table and 'Average lux' from the 'ambient lux - 1hr block' table. The line graph's x-axis is the 'Hours' dimension. In the above pictured relationship I joined the tables using the 'Hours' dimension.

Essentially, what I want is to be able to select any WLOC in the slicer and ensure that the 'Match %' line and the 'Average lux' line both respond to the slicer selection.

I found that when I make the relationship connection based on WLOC the slicer works, but in that case, one of the lines on the visualization will be completely straight (the one that is not entered into the X-axis field).

This example applies to the relationship between the 'EDW Query' Table and the 'ambient lux - 1hr block' table, but I also want to have a responsive visualization when i select a WLOC in the slicer where the visualization contains 'Match %' and 'Average of rH' and 'Average of Temp' from the 'ambient C_rH 1hr block'.

Hope that makes sense, if not I can clarify

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rwars065,

Can you please share a pbix or some dummy data that keep the raw data structure with expected results? It should help us clarify your scenario and test to coding formula.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.