Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sseth
Frequent Visitor

Visualisation for multi layered qualitative data

Hi all. I am facing extreme difficulty in producing a visualization for my need. My requirements are: 1. My filters are by college and by field of research code 2. the user needs to select the college and then the relevant field of research code 3. A list of parent indicators appears under that field of research code 4. When the user selects a parent indicator, it drills through further to a list of indicators 5. when the user selects that indicator, it displays examples under that indicator. So my data is very qualitative and layered and currently I am using a treemap visual and I have tried using card/multi level row card, but it is just not working. Can someone please provide some insights?

1.PNG2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sseth ,

First, you can create a martix visual, which visualizes the hierarchical structure between data. Then use the Treemap Bar Chart to create a view of the hierarchy. The slicer can represent the changes in the different hierarchies.

vhenrykmstf_0-1666579066160.pngvhenrykmstf_1-1666579131561.png

vhenrykmstf_2-1666579153800.png

Also, you can refer to below blog:

Hierarchical Tree/Advanced Decomposition Tree for Power BI - Features (xviz.com)

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and test data. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sseth ,

First, you can create a martix visual, which visualizes the hierarchical structure between data. Then use the Treemap Bar Chart to create a view of the hierarchy. The slicer can represent the changes in the different hierarchies.

vhenrykmstf_0-1666579066160.pngvhenrykmstf_1-1666579131561.png

vhenrykmstf_2-1666579153800.png

Also, you can refer to below blog:

Hierarchical Tree/Advanced Decomposition Tree for Power BI - Features (xviz.com)

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and test data. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-henryk-mstf I have used the zoomchart pie chart drill visualisation for now which serves my purpose. Thank you for the reply.

Hi @sseth ,

Thanks for your feedback.

Best regrads,

Henry

Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @sseth,

My suggestion is that you use a donut or pie as your visual of choice and add the fields in the required heirarchy like College->Research->Indicator. That way every time you click on a sector it will drill down one level.

Did I answer your question? Mark this post as a solution if I did!
Consider taking a look at my blog: Forecast Period - Previous Forecasts

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.