Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JoshP11
Helper I
Helper I

Visual not interacting with all slicers

Hello 🙂

I have a visual that needs to interact with 3 different slicers. For example, one slicer contains the year, the next contains the group, and then finally the last slicer contains a name.

However the visual is only interacting with the year slicer, and doesn't update to reflect the group or name selected. 

There is a second visual on the page that does do the above correctly. I've replicated the visual that isn't working it onto another page and it does work, the issue seems to be when I have both of the visuals on the same screen.

Can anyone please advise where I could be going wrong. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mohdasaad94
Helper I
Helper I

It's possible that the visual that is not interacting with all slicers may have different filter settings compared to the visual that is working correctly. Here are some things you can check to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the filter settings for both visuals: Make sure that both visuals are using the same filters and are set up to interact with the same slicers. You can do this by selecting the visual and going to the Visualizations pane, then checking the Filters and Interactions sections.

2. Check the order of the visuals: Make sure that the visual that is not interacting with all slicers is not placed on top of the other visual. If it is, try moving it to a different position on the page.

3. Check the filter context: When multiple visuals are on the same page, they can have different filter contexts which can affect how they interact with slicers. You can check the filter context by selecting the visual and going to the Fields pane, then checking the filters that are currently applied.

4. Check for conflicting slicers: Make sure that the slicers being used by both visuals are not conflicting with each other. For example, if one slicer is set up to filter by year and the other slicer is set up to filter by month, this could cause issues with the visual.

5. Check for conflicting visuals: If both visuals are using the same dataset, make sure that they are not conflicting with each other. For example, if one visual is using a table visualization and the other is using a chart visualization, this could cause issues with the visual interactions.

By checking these things, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue with the visual not interacting with all slicers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mohdasaad94
Helper I
Helper I

It's possible that the visual that is not interacting with all slicers may have different filter settings compared to the visual that is working correctly. Here are some things you can check to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the filter settings for both visuals: Make sure that both visuals are using the same filters and are set up to interact with the same slicers. You can do this by selecting the visual and going to the Visualizations pane, then checking the Filters and Interactions sections.

2. Check the order of the visuals: Make sure that the visual that is not interacting with all slicers is not placed on top of the other visual. If it is, try moving it to a different position on the page.

3. Check the filter context: When multiple visuals are on the same page, they can have different filter contexts which can affect how they interact with slicers. You can check the filter context by selecting the visual and going to the Fields pane, then checking the filters that are currently applied.

4. Check for conflicting slicers: Make sure that the slicers being used by both visuals are not conflicting with each other. For example, if one slicer is set up to filter by year and the other slicer is set up to filter by month, this could cause issues with the visual.

5. Check for conflicting visuals: If both visuals are using the same dataset, make sure that they are not conflicting with each other. For example, if one visual is using a table visualization and the other is using a chart visualization, this could cause issues with the visual interactions.

By checking these things, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue with the visual not interacting with all slicers.

Thank you for each of these suggestions! Will bear this in mind for future reports however I was able to resolve this by modelling the data slightly differently in excel and starting a fresh.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.