Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JBeyers
Helper III
Helper III

Visual (map) as a report level filter

Hi, 

A customer asked me if it is possible to have a world map, visualizing all countries they represent, and use that map as a filter for the whole report (thus as a report level filter). Is this possible? In addition they would like to have other visuals or eventually basic filters that act as report level filters.

It would really be a showstopper for the customer if they would have to reset all filters again and again on each page of the report.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SqlJason
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Right now, the only way to have a filter apply across the report is through Report Level filters. So unfortunately, the answer to your question is no.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SqlJason
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Right now, the only way to have a filter apply across the report is through Report Level filters. So unfortunately, the answer to your question is no.

Ok I was already afraid for that. Think the customer will not choose for PowerBI then. I posted an idea for this.

It now works for me, may have been an update since this original post. I have the country field used on the map also set as the Report level filter and Page level filter. All you have to do then is make sure that the Filter icon at the top right of each visual is selected rather than the default Highlight (Pie symbol).

@TytlerJaxon yes, you need to adjust the filter icon at the top right to define the visual as the page level filter. But how did you manage to let it filter all other filter (i.e. making it a report level filter)? It seems like I'm not able to do that.

Ahh I see, you mean to apply a filter on one page that works for other elements pages as well? Then apologies, there doesn't appear to be a way that I can see. It's a shame as I know Qlik Sense Desktop has this capability and I find it very useful especially for country level analysis. 

One slicer to set filters for a set of pages (to be set in the slicer configuration pane) would, indeed, be VERY helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.