Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mvbonne

Visual has exceeded the available resources

Hi,

I have been working on a dataset, and now it is getting quite large, which is causing the simple measure I used to have to crash. I receive a message in my application indicating that I have exceeded the available resources, and it suggests that I should upgrade to a Power Bi Premium.

I saw these error after the big update of power bi in november, but i am not sure if it is the issue.

Have any of you been having the same error or could it be my dataset it to complex for a power bi pro licens?

I upload my dataset to power bi service and make my report from this dataset. 

image.pngimage.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mvbonne ,

According to the error message provided on the image, it states, "This visual object has exceeded available resources. Try filtering to reduce the amount of data displayed. " The cause of this problem may be the dataset may be too large or complex for a Power BI Pro license.The error may be related to the recent Power BI update in November.

I think you can simplify the query by removing unnecessary columns, filters or transformations that consume too much memory. Reducing the amount of data is also necessary. I think you can reduce memory usage in Power BI by using Power BI Premium and if the dataset is very large, use DirectQuery or Live Connection to query the data directly from the source. If you are using Power BI Premium, request the Capacity Manager to increase the memory limit per query. You can also take a more in-depth look at the document below: how to fix visual has exceeded the available resource. - Microsoft Q&A

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mvbonne ,

According to the error message provided on the image, it states, "This visual object has exceeded available resources. Try filtering to reduce the amount of data displayed. " The cause of this problem may be the dataset may be too large or complex for a Power BI Pro license.The error may be related to the recent Power BI update in November.

I think you can simplify the query by removing unnecessary columns, filters or transformations that consume too much memory. Reducing the amount of data is also necessary. I think you can reduce memory usage in Power BI by using Power BI Premium and if the dataset is very large, use DirectQuery or Live Connection to query the data directly from the source. If you are using Power BI Premium, request the Capacity Manager to increase the memory limit per query. You can also take a more in-depth look at the document below: how to fix visual has exceeded the available resource. - Microsoft Q&A

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mvbonne , Which license are you using, seems like exceeding the capacity limit

Also, share measure to check if there is scope for improvement

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.