Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Berl21
Helper III
Helper III

Visual Slicer with text contains and several entries

Hi,

I am looking for a visual filter for my users where they can input several words on the basis of "text contains". Unfortunately all I find are filters with only one word selection, or not based on contains (users then has to select all the expressions containing the expression manually).

I looked around and couldn't find a solution yet. Does anyone know of such a filter?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Pauline.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Berl21 

Depending on your description, you want a slicer that can enter multiple values and has text contains.

Based on my search and experience, it seems that no slicers have been found that can meet both criteria.

For slicers for text input fuzzy queries, you can select Text Slicer.However, it does not support input of multiple values.

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1682563741949.png

You can use Mass Filter for filters that can enter multiple values, but it does not support fuzzy queries.

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1682563798175.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Berl21 

Depending on your description, you want a slicer that can enter multiple values and has text contains.

Based on my search and experience, it seems that no slicers have been found that can meet both criteria.

For slicers for text input fuzzy queries, you can select Text Slicer.However, it does not support input of multiple values.

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1682563741949.png

You can use Mass Filter for filters that can enter multiple values, but it does not support fuzzy queries.

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1682563798175.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.