Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

comish4lif2
Advocate II
Advocate II

View Errors. OK, Where are they?

I have refreshed my data set. After it completes, I get a notification that there are errors. I click view errors. The Transform Data/Power Query Window opens, and no data loads. 

I look at the refreshed table, and examine it using View|Column Profile. No columns have errors. Maybe because it is only loading 1000 rows. So, where are the errors?

Do I have to load all 695K rows?

comish4lif2_0-1655841564320.png

6 REPLIES 6
usachrys
Frequent Visitor

APS2803

Go to edit query. You should be able to see the rows contating the error separately in Queries section in the left hand side.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @comish4lif2 ,

In general this happens when there are no errors in the query, but errors occur when the query results are loaded into the data model.

Examples:

• unique key values in Power Query (case sensitive), that are not unique when loading (case insensitive), 
  • numbers with fractions in a column with data type Int64.Type (Whole Number),
  • etcetera.

Or you can have a try.

In power query-> "remove rows" section, click remove errors and check if error disappeared. 

vpollymsft_0-1656034214066.png

Maybe some calculations that  used in the query resulted in "NaN" and "Infinity" in some cells which were actually the errors.

converted the columns to "text" from decimal # in the query editor and then replaced values (NaN, Infinity) with Blank. and then converted the columns back to decmal # and saved it.

Please choose a way which suits you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

There's no calcutions.

There's no fractions.
The errors that I can see are a GroupID that is initially identified as a number (based on the sampling of the first 1000 rows by BI).  If I change the datatype to text, Close and Apply,  it still shows the errors.

Seems like it's a bug.

Hi @comish4lif2 ,

Please click the steps on the Power Query. Check which step causes the error.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

How do you step through to check for bugs please?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.