Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

EricHulshof
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Vertical Alignment in matrix or table visual

Hi,

I would like to vertically align my text in a matrix or table visual but i cant find how to do it.

The text should be around the black line;

should be.png

Thankyou

Quality over Quantity

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EricHulshof ,

Based on my research, it is not supported yet currently. There is an idea about that you can vote it up to make this feature coming sooner.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/37088938-textbox-vertical-alignme...

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Dennisblink
Frequent Visitor

still not available feb 2024

aks82
Regular Visitor

October 2023 and still not solved

ELW
Advocate II
Advocate II

How is this still unavailable?  Pretty basic.  

Love the Pokemon table example though!  🙂

adhod

August 2023 - still no solution

DineshGorur

I completely agree... I am trying find a solution from past few days, I didnt find anything. if anyone have idea please do let me know.

BadassKiller

Dec 2022.. still waiting

D_Johns
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dear Microsoft

I find it pretty shocking that this issue is still outstanding to be honest. This is one of the most basic formatting requirements I can think of, I am very surprised Microsoft did not address this during the original development of Power BI, but the fact this remains outstanding is very frustrating. 

Power BI is marketed as a world-leading BI visualisation tool, and it is already challenging to win-over our colleagues and business users to move away from their old-faithful trused tools of SSRS and Excel and adopt Power BI so our organisation can have greater governance and accuracy of our data, and basic visualisation limitations like this do nothing to help in that goal.

Come on Microsoft, surely it cannot be such a dificult problem to solve that would justify leaving this outstanding for over 3 years since this was first posted!

dazzpeace
Regular Visitor

Why is this marked as solved?
There is no solution here....

They do that. They class a suggestion to put in a suggestion to PBI as 'solved'. Why do we even have to say it? Vertical Alignment, numerical column widths, ability to format ALL fields in a table at once; being able to lock individual elements on a page. Not all elements at once (used by who, when?). Probably the same guy using a nice gradient of blue as a useful conditional format :), etc. Simple stuff. They keep bringing out new 'features' that you know took hundreds of hours in development, and are usually worse than useless, but they can't fix this? Sorry, PBI rant. Almost a daily occurence now.

wilsonbarroso

Dec. 2021

Nothing yet?

It's been several years now and Power BI still does not support cell content vertical alignment, a basic feature found in many other visual tools. This lack of support is causing users a great deal of frustration and making it difficult for them to create visually appealing reports.

In this day and age, it's unacceptable that such a crucial feature is still missing from Power BI. As a result, it makes it harder to sell Power BI as a viable solution to potential customers. It's time for Microsoft to step up and provide users with the necessary tools to create professional and visually appealing reports.

Please consider implementing cell content vertical alignment in a future update to Power BI. Your customers will greatly appreciate it.

Tontaube2
Helper IV
Helper IV

Still waiting in Sept 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's really frustrating...

It's a common and basic feature.

😡

Anonymous
Not applicable

still waiting in june 2021

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm from the future and we're still waiting for this feature too...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't even understand why? Which can be the reason ? This feature is important for matrix, otherwise it brings confusion for the user. That's a windows 95 feature

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EricHulshof ,

Based on my research, it is not supported yet currently. There is an idea about that you can vote it up to make this feature coming sooner.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/37088938-textbox-vertical-alignme...

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

December 2023 and still not solved

@v-frfei-msft 

Hi Frank!

Just want to check, is this feature still not currently supported?

Also, the idea post you provided refers to vertical alignment for textbox. Is there an idea post for matrix/ table visuals?

Thanks!

I also have the same question.

I am using Metrix and I want to align the values in centre which is by default top aligned. I can see there is option to align horizontally but not vertically.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.