Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dgilkey

Venn diagram - message "Please provide data in valid format"

I am trying to create a Venn diagram.

I have imported the graphic from the marketplace.

I have 3 columns that have the letter "X" in the box if the field is true for all 3 columns and blank if the field is not true.

I keep recieving "Please provide data in valid format" when place those three columns in the "Measure" Field.

Venn Diagram_Power BI message.PNG

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Dgilkey 

After my research,  there are some tips for Venn diagram visual

Tips and Tricks

1) A maximum of 4 categories can be provided in the category field.

2) 'Legend' settings: Orientation, label color, size, display units and decimal places can be updated. Legend title can be shown/hidden. Legend title text can also be updated.

3) 'Data colors' settings: Colors of the categories can be updated.

4) 'Labels' settings: Colors, font size, display units and decimal places of the data labels can be updated.

5) 'Opacity' settings: Opacity of internal and external regions can be configured.

6) The rows of each category column should be in 'Yes/No', 'True/False' or '1/0' format only. 

So just replace "X" and blank with 'Yes/No' or 'True/False' or '1/0'

Reference:https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381231?tab=Overview

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.