Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

vitexo87
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Using the LEFT function to concatenate tables?

I'm doing the load a table of my Sybase database and a table from a csv file, I need to join the two and so I know I should use the concatenate function (append queries) however as I apply the left function at this juncture of the two tables?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sornavoor
Resolver I
Resolver I

Question  not clear - Do you just need to a left join between a) Sysbase tables  & csv file table or b) do you need to append csv table to your  sybase table. 

If a)  Then used the Relationships tab (or Manage Relationships) and set the required relationships

If b) use the  "Append  Queries"  when loading the data

Regards. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I need to join the two and so I know I should use the concatenate function (append queries) however as I apply the left function at this juncture of the two tables?

I'm not quite clear of your question. Especially "however as I apply the left function at this juncture of the two tables", what's the specific question you have? 

sornavoor
Resolver I
Resolver I

Question  not clear - Do you just need to a left join between a) Sysbase tables  & csv file table or b) do you need to append csv table to your  sybase table. 

If a)  Then used the Relationships tab (or Manage Relationships) and set the required relationships

If b) use the  "Append  Queries"  when loading the data

Regards. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.