Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PriscillaCamp
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

User can navigate to dynamic URL

Hello,

I have a table with some sys id numbers and ticket numbers. I have added a column with a url to it. I can easily create a link to the url when I'm going to the home page. However, I would like to have the users click the url and go right to the ticket they are looking for. The link for a specific ticket looks like the following: 

https://ucf.service-now.com/nav_to.do?uri=%2Fincident.do%3Fsys_id%3D64cebc774ff913805d3f7f75f110c765%26sysparm_stack%3D%26sysparm_view%3D

The part that is in bold will be changing depending on what ticket the user selects and this is based on the sys id. How can I make this part of the url dynamic (using the sysid) that will change based on what the user selects so they can directly go to the desired page?

Please let me know if I have to clarify anything. I tried to attach my workbook, but don't see an attachment button for this.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

This might be what you search for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXObcA9G9Vw

Unfortunately only as a column in a table, where the target of the links vary, depending on other columns of the table. 

I can't find a solution to have a clickable item (Icon etc.) with a dynamic link.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @PriscillaCamp,

No. It is not possible to make part of the url dynamical based on user's selection from slicer. 

As a workaround, you should list all available URL links in source table corresponding to each ticket. Add ticket to slicer, add URL to table visual, when user select a ticket in slicer, the URL will be filtered to show corresponding one.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @YulianaGu, 

Sorry , I guess I was not clear enough in my post.  I was saying if the user selects a row from the table, can I have the variable in the link change to that ticket number in the row? Therefore, when the user clicks the link in the table they will be able to directly navigate to the correct ticket on the webpage. I have been trying to attach my workbook, but do not know how too.

Priscilla

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.