Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

picoz

Use parameter to add x weeks to a date.

I am trying to figure out how to use a parameter to add x weeks days to a date field per row and show the result in that row.  I created a parameter for the selection called Weeks Selection.  It has between 10-20 in it.  Then I have a table A with the "Recieved Date" where I am would like to create a measure that will add the "Weeks Selection Value" to "Recieved Date" for each row in table A.  Then I want to show this along with all the other values I have in a Table visual.

EstRecDate = SUM(ChassisVins[Received Date]) + 'Weeks Selection'[Weeks Selection Value]*7

I am not sure what this is doing but when I check the box to add EstRecDate to my table visual it takes forever to run and isn't doing what I expect it to.  It seems that most of my table visual is blank and only the EstRecDate is filled with 1/11/1900... 

1 REPLY 1
vicky_
Super User
Super User

vicky__1-1675978420721.png

Try use SELECTEDVALUE instead of SUM. i.e 

EstRecDate = SELECTEDVALUE(ChassisVins[Received Date]) + 'Weeks Selection'[Weeks Selection Value]*7

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.