Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use filter from Page 1 in page 2 with different datasets

Hello,

we would like to achieve the following:

• We have a page 1 with a seperate dataset that contains a column called item
  • I want to pick one item (used as a filter on page 1, which by the way has much more visuals and data) and use that item to jump to page 2, and use that item as a filter on a completely seperate dataset used in page 2 (like a variable brought over from page 1 to page 2, and use the variable as a filter on page 2 that has a completely seperate dataset)

Preferrably, I don't want to join these two datasets, but they both have item as a column, and I would like to use only one filter-record to be used to query dataset 2 aon a different page. More or less picking one value from dataset 1 and parsing that as a variable into dataset 2.

Is this possible? I know the drill-through capability, but I am not sure if you then need to join the two datasets in the PowerBI Data model. Is it possible to do so without joining, but parsing the filtered record (item) to another page with another dataset?

Regards,

Norman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please refer to the online document about setting Cross- report drill through without joining two datasets.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-cross-report-drill-through

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NusratShaikh

Can you let me know if this resolved for differences datasets through drill through ?
I had the similar case but as it's not working for me

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please refer to the online document about setting Cross- report drill through without joining two datasets.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-cross-report-drill-through

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.