Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EricHulshof
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Use button to go to next ID

Hi,

I have a data set looking like this:

IDText
1One
2Two
3Three
4Four

Now i want to create a table like this:

1One

When i click on a + button it should go to 2, then 3 etc. and a - button it should go back.

is it possible to create a measure calculating current selected ID and do +1 and use that ID for the next calculation?

Thankyou.

Quality over Quantity

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Eric,

It is not practical to work with this kind of control in Power BI, a great solution you could use is paginated report in a premium capacity or a PowerApp embedded in your Power Bi Report.

But, let's show you something that could help you somehow!

I have created the same structure as mentioned by you, a table with two columns, being ID and Text both of them.

After that I added a slicer in a horizontal orientation. and then I added the ID you mentioned.

By this way, you can filter your table. It's not Button A+ or A-, for that for that I do recomend paginated report or PowerApps embedded as mentioned above.

1Selected.png

2Selected.png

SelectAll.png

If you want to make pagination, it will works in a great shape, but maybe we have better ways to work with that!

I hope that I Helped you today!

If you think this helped to reach your goal, mark it as a Solution!

Take Care!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Eric,

It is not practical to work with this kind of control in Power BI, a great solution you could use is paginated report in a premium capacity or a PowerApp embedded in your Power Bi Report.

But, let's show you something that could help you somehow!

I have created the same structure as mentioned by you, a table with two columns, being ID and Text both of them.

After that I added a slicer in a horizontal orientation. and then I added the ID you mentioned.

By this way, you can filter your table. It's not Button A+ or A-, for that for that I do recomend paginated report or PowerApps embedded as mentioned above.

1Selected.png

2Selected.png

SelectAll.png

If you want to make pagination, it will works in a great shape, but maybe we have better ways to work with that!

I hope that I Helped you today!

If you think this helped to reach your goal, mark it as a Solution!

Take Care!

I believe the paginated report is what i needed. A powerapp is also a great idea i'm going to look into. 

Unfortuniatly the solution provided will not work as the ID's will go in the hundreds.

paginated reports are just to pricey for the company and the value it would add. but thanks for the answer anyway.

I'll look into powerapps or else i just have to figure out something else. 

Thankyou!

Quality over Quantity

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries!

Take care!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.